My Shopping List
Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. ground beef
+ 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
+ 4 canned pineapple slices
+ 12 Hawaiian sweet sandwich rolls or small dinner rolls, split
+ 1/4 c. barbecue sauce
+ 1/4 c. pineapple preserves
+ 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
What to do:
1. Mix ground beef and Worcestershire sauce lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into twelve 1/2" thick mini patties.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
3. Place pineapple on rack in broiler pan so surface of pineapple is 3" to 4" from heat. Broil 3 to 4 min.,turning once and brushing with sauce. Remove pineapple.
4. Place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3" to 4" from heat. Broil 7 to 8 min. to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning halfway through and brushing with sauce. Season with salt.
5. Cut pineapple slices into thirds. Top burgers with pineapple. Serve on lettuce in rolls.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff